The Graco 4ever packs a lot value for you and your family, giving you an average of 10 years usage out of this 4 in 1 car seat as you convert from an infant car seat all the way up to a backless booster seat for when your little one is not so little anymore.
A lot of the time convertible car seats tend to fall short in at least one of the modes but the 4Ever is a game changer — it’s suitable for children ranging from a 4 pound rear facing newborn all the way up through to an older child in backless booster mode up to 120 pounds!
About the 4ever DLX
- 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat gives you 10 years of use from four to 120 pounds
- Rear facing baby car seat from 4 to 40 pounds
- Forward facing toddler car seat from 20 to 65 pounds
- Booster seats in high back belt positioning mode from 40 to 100 pounds and backless belt positioning mode from 40 to 120 pounds
- In Right Latch system for an Easy, 1 second Latch attachment
- Graco Protect Plus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps protect Your child in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes; additional testing based on the New Car Assessment Program and for extreme car interior temperatures
The 4Ever arrives mostly ready for a newborn to use. HOWEVER. The cupholders require assembly before the seat can be used. Directions for assembling the cupholders are also in the manual however they slide into a channel and click into place. Once assembled, the cupholders are required to remain attached to the seat. The harness pulls quite easily and smoothly and does not require much strength to tighten. The roller bar at the back of the seat helps achieve this smooth pull. With the very firm infant insert in use, the bottom harness height is around 6 inches and the crotch buckle is around4 inches from the back of the seat pan. These adjustments should combine to make the 4Ever fit most newborns reasonably well. The firmness of the insert is most likely there to keep your child as secure as possible. The insert itself has a separate head and body support, with an adjustable elastic to raise the head support as the child grows. The insert must be used if the baby’s shoulders do not reach the harness position in the lowest headrest position. It may not be used in the forward facing position. Note: The body support may be used without the headrest, but the headrest cannot be used without the body support.
The InRight latch system
The InRight™ LATCH system makes installation easy with a one-second attachment. LATCH stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children. LATCH is known as ISOFIX in Europe and LUAS (Lower Universal Anchorage System) in Canada.
Dimensions for the Graco 4ever
Height: 24″ Width: 20″ Depth: 21.5″ Weight: 23 lbs
- Two crotch buckle slots is 4.5 and 6.5 inches from the back of the seat pan
- Width at widest part of the capsule is 19 inches
- Capsule height is 28 inches
- Seat base is 12.5 inches deep
- Base width is 16 inches
- Narrowest part of the seating area is13 inches at the back of the base
- Seat base interior is 15 inches across, with 14 inches of interior hip room
- Widest part of the seating area is14 inches at the front of the base
- Front to back space is 28 inches
The Graco 4ever DLX has a machine-washable seat cushion. Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and cold water. The buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth. Harness straps may be spot cleaned, Refer to your manual for full cleaning instructions.
To Unbuckle Harness: 1. Lift the lever and pull the shoulder harness straps to loosen the harness 2. Tilt the top of the buckle toward the chair 3. Press in the top of the red button 4. Pull tongues out of the buckle.
Harness Buckle Cleaning Process: Turn the restraint over and push the retainer through the harness strap slot to remove the buckle from the car seat. Place the buckle in a cup of warm water upside down and gently agitate the buckle, pressing the red button several times while it is in the water. Do not submerge the harness webbing and do not use soaps or lubricants, only rinse the harness buckle with warm water. Shake out the excess water and allow the harness buckle to air dry. Reattach the harness buckle into the same slot and re-check harness for correct installation according to the car seat manual before use.
Pros and Cons:
- Secure installation
- Easy harness storage
- Padding may a touch firm